Rehab in Birmingham, AL
At Birmingham Recovery Center, our rehab in Birmingham, AL is proud to be a trusted source of accurate information and quality treatment for people whose lives have been disrupted by alcoholism and other forms of addiction.
Addiction and alcoholism are insidious diseases that can rob a person of the ability to live a full, satisfying, and meaningful life. Thankfully, addiction and alcoholism are treatable conditions. When a person gets the focused care they need at a reputable rehab center, they can regain control of their life, learn to manage their symptoms, and begin to pursue a much healthier and more hopeful future. Our rehab in Birmingham, Alabama guides individuals to recovery and helps them create new and meaningful lives.
Levels of Care Offered at Our Rehab in Birmingham
At our rehab in Birmingham, our team is committed to meeting each person where they are in their recovery journey so we can best prepare them to achieve their immediate and long-term objectives. An integral component of this effort is our ability to offer addiction rehab services at multiple levels of care.
Depending on each new client’s needs and goals, we may recommend that they receive treatment at one or more of the following levels of care:
Detoxification: Also commonly referred to as detox, detoxification is a short-term program during which clients can safely complete the withdrawal process and rid their bodies of alcohol and other addictive substances. Without proper professional care, withdrawal can be both painful and dangerous. Completing detox can be an essential first step on a person’s path toward successful, long-term recovery.
Partial Hospitalization Program: Our partial hospitalization program, or PHP, features full days of treatment without a residential component. At the PHP level, services may include individual therapy, group counseling, and psychoeducational sessions. At the end of each treatment day, clients can return to their homes or to a supportive sober living residence.
Intensive Outpatient Program: Clients who receive care through our intensive outpatient program, or IOP, typically take part in three hours of treatment, three to five days per week. Our IOP may be the optimal level of care for clients who can benefit from step-down support after completing residential treatment, inpatient care, or a partial hospitalization program. Our IOP also serves clients who are entering treatment directly at this level.
At Birmingham Recovery Center, we understand how addiction can impact entire families. We also appreciate the important role that relatives can play in their loved one’s recovery. For these reasons, we offer several forms of family therapy and family education.
To ensure that our clients are best prepared to maintain and build upon the progress they make with us, we provide thorough aftercare planning services. Before a client transitions out of our care, their team will work with them to develop a customized aftercare plan that identifies the structure and support services that will help them resist relapse and remain in recovery.
The Alabama Drug Use Central Data Repository (CDR) has reported the following statistics about addiction in the Birmingham area:
- In 2019, Alabama Emergency Medical Services (EMS) ambulances responded to 418 drug overdoses in Birmingham.
- Throughout Jefferson County, which includes Birmingham, 918 drug overdoses required EMS ambulance response in 2019.
- From 2014 to 2018, 793 people in Jefferson County died as a result of opioid overdose.
A 2016 report by the U.S. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) included the following addiction and alcoholism statistics in the north-central region of Alabama, which includes Birmingham:
- More than 56 percent of young adults age 18-25 used alcohol in the previous 30 days.
- More than 49 percent of adults age 26 and older used alcohol in the previous 30 days.
- Almost 4.5 percent of residents age 12 and older met the criteria for alcohol use disorder, which is the clinical term for alcoholism.
- About 4.6 percent of young adults in the 18-25 age group used cocaine in the past year.
Benefits of Rehab in Birmingham, AL
The following are among the many benefits of participating in rehab in Birmingham:
- Working with skilled professionals
- Receiving customized care that reflects your unique circumstances
- Having the opportunity to complete detoxification if needed
- Being able to receive rehab services at either the PHP or IOP level
- Taking part in family therapy and family education sessions
- Sharing support with other members of the addiction recovery community
- Returning to your home or to a sober living residence during non-treatment hours
- Learning about the many resources that can help you after you have completed rehab
- Getting a comprehensive aftercare plan to guide your continued progress
For individuals and families in the Birmingham region, our rehab center offers easy access to quality care, close to home. Clients can get the professional addiction treatment services they need without being forced to leave the area or having to commit to a long-term residential program. Our ability to provide flexible services and personalized support means that our clients receive maximum benefit with minimal impact on their daily lives.
Understanding what happens during rehab at our center in Birmingham can be an important step in a person’s recovery journey. We are more than happy to answer any questions from prospective clients and their family members so they can be sure that our Birmingham rehab center is the best place for them or their loved one.
Our treatment professionals are committed to identifying and addressing the specific ways that each of our clients have been impacted by addiction to alcohol or other drugs. This focus on personalized care means that every person’s time in one of our programs will be unique. In general, though, all of our clients can expect the following at our rehab in Birmingham:
- Holistic approach to treatment: At Birmingham Recovery Center, we work closely with each client to help them heal in mind, body, and spirit. We incorporate practices such as mindfulness, meditation, yoga, biofeedback, and nutritional therapy to address the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual impact of addiction and alcoholism.
- Multiple forms of therapy: In addition to offering more than one level of care, we also incorporate multiple forms of therapy into our clients’ treatment. A person’s care at our rehab in Birmingham may include individual therapy, group sessions, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), family therapy, and other services.
- Compassionate care: The treatment professionals at our Birmingham rehab know that our clients are more than their symptoms or their previous struggles. We work diligently to make sure that Birmingham Recovery Center remains a safe, welcoming, and inclusive place where every client is treated with the compassion and respect they deserve.
For answers to specific questions about any aspect of treatment at Birmingham Recovery Center, please feel free to contact us directly at (205) 813-7400. We look forward to providing you with the details you need so that you can make the most informed decision for yourself or your loved one.
We’re Here To Help 24/7
Support Groups in Birmingham
Sustained support can be a vital component of successful lifelong recovery. After they have completed addiction rehab at our center in Birmingham, many of our clients benefit from ongoing participation in the following community-based programs:
To learn more about these and other sources of aftercare support, or for additional information about any feature of care at our Birmingham rehab center, please contact us today.